Sunday, July 17, 2011

New Curtains

Hello my dears,

Sorry I have been MIA lately. Just too much going on with Mack moving in with her Dad.
Between work, sunburn and moving furniture into the sewing room it has been a rough couple of weeks.

I did get some curtains done for my bedroom today.

Aren't they pretty?

Easy peasey too!

First buy a couple of flat sheets from Walmart. I think they are $5. Walmart had the only gray in the right tone that I was looking for.
Then measure a fold about 6 inches from the bottom. Takes a bit of time to get it right as the edges weren't lining up correctly.
The measure 3 inches on that same fold. I used a chalk pencil to create a sewing line as I can't sew straight unless it is a 1/4 inch seam.

That pretty detail on the side is paint. Just find your self a nice stencil. Michael's had these on sale for like $2. and there are a bunch of them in the pack.

I didn't mark how far down or how much space in between each stencil, just eyeballed it. Lucky for me I was able to get 10 stencils down the side of each panel.

My bedding is purple.
Want to see? 

HA! thought you were going to get to see my room and bed. Not until it is all done!

Hugs,

Cherie


Linking Up:

1 comment:

Would love to hear from you! Comments are always welcomed!