Saturday, May 21, 2011

A raspberrt tart

Well Hello there my Dears,

I thought I would share one of the pastry dishes that I made recently.
It was delish!



Raspberry Coffee Cake
Recipe from The Luna Cafe
• 2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup butter (recipe says unsalted, but I used salted butter)
• 3 ounces cream cheese
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup raspberry preserves (or preserves of your choice)
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Cut in the butter and cream cheese. Pour on the milk and stir just until combined. Turn out on a floured surface and knead lightly 4 or 5 times. Do not overwork the dough! Roll the dough out on wax paper into an 8 x 12 inch rectangle. Transfer dough to a lightly greased (or wax paper lined) baking sheet. Mark the dough with a knife lengthwise into thirds. Spread preserves down the center third of the dough. Make diagonal cuts every couple of inches on the outer thirds of the dough. Do nut cut into the preserves. Fold strips over the preserves, first from one side, then from other until you have folded over all the strips of dough. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes, until dough is fully cooked and lightly browned on top.
Icing
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1 tbsp milk
• 1/4 tsp vanilla
Stir together and drizzle over the coffee cake.


I hope you try it!

I would love to know how yours turned out and maybe a picture. My children ate it all!


Hugs,

Cherie



1 comment:

Would love to hear from you! Comments are always welcomed!